Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse-engineering files

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse-engineering files
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 03:10:14 EET

(I'm CC'ing this to Mark Brady, a guy on the SU700 user group on
Yahoo,
who offered to take a look as well.)

Thanks Richard and Bill for offering to take a look.
I'm pleased with the progress I've made but still I can't seem to
figure out
those last few bytes...
I still have a few of Jay's suggestions to try, but I've already spent
a day on this project this week, and real-world work badly needs
attention now. :(

I've updated my notes page and made it navigable as well:
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/su700notes.html

It contains links to 2 zip archives of example sounds -
a small one and a 1 MB one.
These are at
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/small_tests.zip
and
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/orig.zip
respectively.

I'm also posting my hacks to SoX:
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/sox_ssphack.tgz

BTW, Mark, since you're a linux geek as well as a musician and
programmer, you should check out the linux-audio-dev mailing list, you
may have things to contribute and things to learn. home page about the
list is at http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.