Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse-engineering files

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse-engineering files
From: Richard Dobson (rwd_AT_cableinet.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 13:36:00 EET

I've just downloaded all the examples, and will start loooking at them;
but it is obvious that the Csound sndinfo app should give an error if it
hasn't found a SSND chunk. It has a flag it sets, but doesn't test for
it at the end of parsing. As I am working on 24bit file support for
Csound, I can add this extra error checking generally. There is a small
linux program called 'basef' by Toby Shepard (toby_AT_rcsreg.com according
to my copy) which does scanning of AIFF chunks, might be more useful for
this task?

One idle thought: with the files you have tried to create, what happens
if the APPL chunk is either absent, or (by using a hex editor on an
original) the APPL chink has a different signature ID?

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrwd (LU: 3rd July 2000)