Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 20:49:36 EET

>I actually use interfaces that complicated regularly, but it can be
>intimidating. Do you think its noticably different from using a modular
>synth? Granted synths have real knbos, but I was planning to draw
>a background that made the divisions between the 'modules' clear, and
>showed the routing order.

Hmm. This will be an interesting test case for the XML stuff, once its
done. I am not sure how you can show the routing. Background pixmaps
aren't going to work for this, because you don't have any idea where
anything is until its all packed up. I've been trying to look at
libvstgui for some examples of how they layout the control objects,
but its not very clear right now.

--p