Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 02:43:51 EET

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 01:49:36PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >I actually use interfaces that complicated regularly, but it can be
> >intimidating. Do you think its noticably different from using a modular
> >synth? Granted synths have real knbos, but I was planning to draw
> >a background that made the divisions between the 'modules' clear, and
> >showed the routing order.
>
> Hmm. This will be an interesting test case for the XML stuff, once its
> done. I am not sure how you can show the routing. Background pixmaps
> aren't going to work for this, because you don't have any idea where
> anything is until its all packed up. I've been trying to look at
> libvstgui for some examples of how they layout the control objects,
> but its not very clear right now.

Thats a bit of a bummer, I was kind of relying on being able to guarantee
the position of the various controls so I could use layout to make it
less confusing. Personally I think this is essential, but I can see its
not very S, and resizing fanatics won't like it!

I was expecting to have to supply my own pixmaps to do this, will it
not be possible to do hard layout even then?

- Steve