Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 22:29:22 EET

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:03:14PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >With my comment I was imagining an n parameter control (like the xy but
> >moreso) where the GUI just reflected the values of the value and rate
> >values for each envelope stage. Doesn't require any arrays, and still
> >works with text hosts, but a bit special case.
>
> yes, i wondered about this too. something like:
>
> port0..port511 : envelope1 curve points
> port512..port1023 : envelope2 curve points

Well, I was thinking more of

<envelope>
  <point x="attack_time" y="attack_level">
  <point x="decay_time" y="decay_level">
  <point x="sustain_time" y="sustain_level">
  <point x="release_time" y="release_level">
</envelope>

But I guess that is just a less extreme example of the same thing, the
plugin is going to have to interpolate either way.

I think that reading >50 parameters or so is going to be very slow.

- Steve