Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 06:03:14 EET

>With my comment I was imagining an n parameter control (like the xy but
>moreso) where the GUI just reflected the values of the value and rate
>values for each envelope stage. Doesn't require any arrays, and still
>works with text hosts, but a bit special case.

yes, i wondered about this too. something like:

     port0..port511 : envelope1 curve points
     port512..port1023 : envelope2 curve points

then, in XML:

<control-curve
     ports = "0..511"

Pretty doable, I'd say. Kind of ugly math duplication between the
curve widget (when it has to derive N points from the curve you've
drawn) and the plugin (which may have to interpolate between the
points when using them), but thats life.

Whatd'ya think ?

--p