Re: [linux-audio-dev] intro

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] intro
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 05:00:32 EET

> now, as I need to assemble a portable system, my first question would be:
> #1 how painless/ful is it to run Linux on a laptop ?

Works great for me - I use both an IBM I series laptop and a
Powerbook. Redhat 7 supports everything out of the box including sound,
pcmcia, apm, usb, etc. (on the IBM). LinuxPPC works well on the PowerBook
and wasn't too bad to install - the only tough part is the X
server. Also, as far as I know no full duplex for the Mac sound hardware.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |