Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: [Linux-audio-dev] Re: Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: [Linux-audio-dev] Re: Gigasampler Clone
From: Joe Miklojcik (jmik_AT_nbcs.rutgers.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 19:25:17 EEST

Garth Brantley wrote:

> 1. A well designed file format for the Keymaps/Programs (an open version of
> the .Gig format)

I urge everyone to have a look at the good old fashioned AIFF-C file format for
audio data. Usually, we think of AIFF-C as simply holding audio sample data,
but this is not the case. There are all sorts of extra fields for keymap-like
information in there. Plus, if you do it right, you'll be compatible without
conversion to zillions of audio applications already out there.

Sorry, I haven't the time to dig out an URL to the spec right now. Google
anyone?

----
Joe Miklojcik