Re: [linux-audio-dev] whatever ....

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] whatever ....
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 03:47:51 EEST

>The solution to that is some buttons that send midi (or whatever) - I also

sure.

>hate trying to program 50 parameters through 20 layers of badly designed
>interlocked menus on a tiny LCD :-( I'd rather use the mouse.

this is bad design, i think, rather than a bad system. i bet i can
reset any parameter on my alesis quadraverb by using the front panel
buttons faster than you can use a mouse to reprogram a similar
parameter set unless all the parameters are on screen for the edit
process.

>> --p (sadly considering running windows on a laptop just so that i can
>> use some of this cool stuff without having to re-write it all myself)
>
>I suspect more of us will join in the effort when the bottom layers settle
>down a bit... it's daunting when it changes several times a week.
>
>anyway, if you get to that point, the Mac versions are *much* less stressful
>;))))

the problem is that there seem to be vastly more windows programs that
are in the "inspired" category these days than there are for the
mac. plus, the hardware costs a lot more, and the only decent audio
interface for a laptop that i know of (the VxPocket) only comes with
windows drivers.

--p