Re: [linux-audio-dev] A few Q's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] A few Q's
From: Anders Torger (torger_AT_ludd.luth.se)
Date: pe maalis 10 2000 - 10:04:52 EST

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> I don't think we need too. Those of working on ALSA have already got
> specific high-end vendors to work with us. If Korg, Yamaha, Opcode,
> Digidesign and the rest don't want to play with us, thats OK, we can
> use cheaper, better hardware like the RME Hammerfall. This card
> provides 3 ADAT in, 3 ADAT out, plus S/PDIF and word clock. It
> supports 24 bit/96kHz. Latency ranges from 1ms to 180msec at 48kHz.
> You can buy one for around $500, and use it on Linux today.
>
> Oops. Sorry, there's no software to use with it. Oh well, back to
> coding ...

...and if everything goes according to my plans, support for the whole
RME Digi96 range (Digi96, Digi96/8, Digi96/8 PRO, Digi96/8 PST, Digi96/8
PAD) will be available in the middle of April. This is a cheaper range
(except PAD/PST which have analogue inputs/outputs) for those who can
manage with only one ADAT and one S/PDIF (the base model, Digi96 which
is supported in ALSA today, does not have ADAT).

/Anders Torger