Re: [linux-audio-dev] orphans

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] orphans
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 17:28:20 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:

> ...in the interests of getting it "right", I've been
> hoping this would go more like:
>
> 1) LADSPA gets to a generally useable stage
>
> 2) Snd gets LADSPA support: plugins accessed via a menu or whatever,
> used to process current region.
>
> 3) audio-dev people go nuts creating plugins (either porting code
> from existing apps, or designing new ones).
>
> This sounds like "the right way" to me. I hope these arguments about
> LADSPA settle down into some common ground soon. We really, really
> need this.

I agree with all of this, Paul. I'm just impatient... ;)

> BTW, although the interface is somewhat weird (way too many
> windows!), I frequently find myself using DAP instead of Snd just
> because it comes with a bunch of pretty nice dsp functions. DAP
> might be a nice candidate to plunder for plugin code.

DAP's DSP functions were lifted from another DSP toolkit, I'll try to
locate that package for you (or anyone else wanting to use it).

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/