Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update (http://www.ladspa.org)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update (http://www.ladspa.org)
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 11:29:46 EEST

Hello. Forgot to ask how I should use random functions in plug-ins?
I think the host should initialize the random function and all plug-ins
should just call the random function, not initialize it.

Should this property be part of the LADSPA standard? Because it is difficult
to guess if random functions are initialized or not. "/dev/random" would
be better but too slow.

What if each plug-in initializes with srand()? How they interfere each
other's behaviour?

By the way, if it did not became clear: it is suggested that all audio
generators etc. should use a common random number generator for best
results.

Juhana