Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Frank Neumann (franky_AT_viona.de)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 17:32:45 EET

Hi,
Robert wrote:

[...]

> I can't find any reason why they wouldn't agree, their plugs are already
> free.... especially if we offer to do the actual porting work... (Okay,
> the plug might be written in poorly documented visual basic.... but then
> we don't want it ;-)

No matter what source it were written in - if it's really good, I wouldn't
mind learning a bit of a new language to be able to port it. :-)

> Some of these plugs may not be very good, but some are excellent, and do
> fill holes in what is available right now in LADSPA.... reinventing the
> wheel might be fun, but it takes an awfully long time...

To add my $0,02, I just mailed Paul Kellett (I had to tell him something
anyway), and asked if he would be willing to share the source for his "mda"
plugin set. Paul has also written a nifty little tool called "SoftSynth"
that I'd like to port some day. Let's set what he answers...

Frank