Re: [linux-audio-dev] some ide qs [was:Re: Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] some ide qs [was:Re: Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE]
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 17:19:24 EET

> --p (still wondering if FAT32 is a better filesystem for audio than ext2)

I've been wondering why no-one has written an audio filesystem for linux,
I'm not sure what it would be like. Few, simple inodes, big blocks?

There are extreme things, like clockwise, but that seems a bit overkill.
http://www.huygens.org/~peterb/clockwise.html

I rember seeing one guy had written one (as a learning exercise, was it
mentioned here?) but he didn't think it was a speed benefit.

- Steve