Re: [linux-audio-dev] ProtTools 5.0.1 free

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ProtTools 5.0.1 free
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 20:06:19 EET

From: Frank Neumann <franky_AT_viona.de>

> with all this discussion about ProtTools-alike audio software, you
> might be interested in this: The german "ct" magazine has a short
> article in its current issue (24/2000, page 91) which says that
> DigiDesign has released a feature-reduced version of ProTools
> 5.0.1 _for free_.

It's a bit of a pig to run (I think it's designed to make you want
Digidesign hardware so it works properly) but I'm sure the PDF
manuals that can be downloaded separately are of interest to many
people here - they include lots of screen shots.

IMHO, apart from a few obvious flaws (like only one FX editor open
at a time) ProTools has a very well designed interface.

Paul.

  m a x i m | digital audio
 http://www.maxim.abel.co.uk
paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk