Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: proposed initial DTD for LADSPA-gui-xml .. licensing issues ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: proposed initial DTD for LADSPA-gui-xml .. licensing issues ...
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 19:01:03 EET

>Well then, ARDOUR_INTERFACE_STYLE. I wasn't imagining it would behave any
>differently, or even be laid out differently, just look consitant with
>the rest of the app and use familar controls. I think that it's important
>myself. The host could choose to set the env var or not, as it pleases.

Steve, Steve - think about this for a moment. The host is the one
providing the backend that converts the xml into an actual GUI. How
could the result be anything other than consistent, unless the plugin
chooses to supply its own graphics ? In other words, to be consistent,
a plugin just sticks with the defaults that the backend implementation
provides.

--p