Re: [ardour-dev] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page

Subject: Re: [ardour-dev] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 21:12:02 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> If you want to use the visual elements I supply on a smaller display,
> then you should scale them externally to Ardour (the GIMP can be run
> in batch mode, or you could use the pbm suite of tools,
> whatever). Then choose a smaller set of fonts in the GTK rc file that
> ardour loads, and then invoke Ardour. Voila. No external image
> libraries, no hundreds of line of code to handle bizarre resize
> requests, etc.
>
> Ardour does not, and will not resize its window (downward).

i understand your point.
however, if somebody does resize the entire set of pixmaps, could
they be included in the distribution, so that the user can choose
the optimum screen resolution ?
imho it would be nice if ardour had two or more directories like
pixmaps/1024x768, pixmaps/1200x1024 etc, and an .rc file or a menu
option to select one (maybe it could default to the current x
resolution [i'm sure there must be a way of finding it out - xlib ?]
, i.e. assume that the user wants to run it full-screen).

does this make sense ?

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany