Re: [OT][linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page

Subject: Re: [OT][linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 16:51:56 EEST

> Tom writes:

> >computer operator. I saw a video of Jaco Pastorius performing a solo
> >concert this way. It was amazing. I think he was using a Lexicon
> >JamMan, and I know other jazz players who do the same thing.

i don't think so - the jam man hasn't been around for so long, and
jaco passed away quit some time ago...
iirc, some older pieces of his were done with a tape delay loop.
but it might well be that he used some digital device in his last
sessions - not sure... - when did the first digital samplers hit the
market ?

tom, could you point me to a source for this video you mentioned ?

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany