Re: [OT][linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page

Subject: Re: [OT][linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 08:37:08 EEST

>i don't think so - the jam man hasn't been around for so long, and
>jaco passed away quit some time ago...
>iirc, some older pieces of his were done with a tape delay loop.
>but it might well be that he used some digital device in his last
>sessions - not sure... - when did the first digital samplers hit the
>market ?

I think you are right. I remember seing him stomp a pedal, lay down an
awesome groove, and stomp the pedal again. The groove was perfectly
looped. He danced for a moment then began to solo over the loop. Since
it was a video that I only saw a small part of, I have no idea of the
date of the performance. I don't even remember when or where I saw it.
I only remember being blown away by the virtuosity and thinking that I
would like to have one of those looping things.

>tom, could you point me to a source for this video you mentioned ?

Sorry, I have no ideas on this.

Tom