[linux-audio-dev] Sending samples via MIDI

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Sending samples via MIDI
From: alex (alex_AT_state51.co.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 03:09:12 EEST

I'm trying to send samples to an AKAI S2000 sampler using Perl. I am
sending and receiving MIDI data fine using ALSA (using OSS emulation).
I've had success sending system exclusive data to my synthesiser too.

I have a spec but it's all rather low-level.. I'm not familiar with
samplers at all, so I'm having troubles understanding what data I need to
send and receive, when and where.

Just wondering if anyone happened to have some experience to offer me.
Feel free to mail me off-list if your reply is not linux specific
(likely).

I'd alsa be happy to hear from anyone working in a similar area.

Alex

--
A member of the state51 conspiracy
alex@(state51.co.uk|lurk.org|generative.net|(vx)?slab.org)