Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sending samples via MIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sending samples via MIDI
From: Kevin Hremeviuc (khremeviuc_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 02:53:42 EEST

Hi Alex,

I had a look at doing something similar using a java
gui for sending sysex messages and samples to my Akai
S3200 (currently 1/3rd finished).

Are you trying to use midi sample dumps or the akai
midi sample format? If the latter, then I guess you
have some doco. The doco I have is for several Akai
samplers but not the S2000 specifically. Unfortunately
it's all going to be on the low level side (byte
ordering especially).

If you're trying to do it by scsi and talking straight
to the samplers midi controller, I'd love to know how
you're doing it.

If you want to discuss some specifics about what your
doing with trying to send samples to your S2000, email
mail me direct and we'll see how far we can get.

regards

Kevin

alex@(state51.co.uk|lurk.org|generative.net|(vx)?slab.org)