Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sending samples via MIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sending samples via MIDI
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 17:07:00 EEST

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Frank Neumann wrote:

> I created my own little project for this at SourceForge in January (it's
> called "lakai"), but there's nothing there yet - no source, no pages.
> What I did so far is at home on my PC, and I wouldn't want to offer any
> sources before it has got at least some kind of functionality.
> What I do have, though, are lots of ideas on my mind what this thing could
> evolve into. :-)

Not sure if it is the right thing to do.
At least the opensource motto seems "release early, release often".
At least on my alpha EVO sources, even if they are buggy and offer
very limited features, it will certainly help to avoid early design errors,
and/or spot bugs or problems on certian HW configurations.

> At SourceForge it's easy to create your own mailing lists for each project;
> maybe it's a good idea to set that up over there. I don't know if the
> traffic here at linux-audio-dev is already at a critical level so that some
> people would rather have such discussions as ours be taken somewhere else.

I think currently the traffic on LAD is so low, that occasional messages like
yours do not do any harm to the subscibers.
In fact I looked at the EVO forums and there were no postings so far.
I think (as some on this list already said),
for the beginning it is better to keep the postings on this list until critical
mass is achieved (more than 10-20 msgs/day about a certain project).

tschüss,
Benno.