Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 02:49:29 EET

"M. Edward Borasky" wrote:

> Or, you can spend a few grand US and get a dummy head with the
> microphones built in.

Yes, but dummy head is not good as your own head and ears. Shape of the head
and auricle makes big difference.

> Or, you can take ordinary audio streams and pump them through a
> head-response transform filter (HRTF) and simulate it. This is the lowest
> cost option. IIRC CSound has HRTF processing built in.

Yep, I have HRTF 3D engine in my software. You get absolutely best HRTF
results when you create the impulse responses with your own head and ears.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers