Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample rate conversion (was .....)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample rate conversion (was .....)
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 21:35:41 EET

>From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd_AT_mega-nerd.com>
>
>My version uses sinc interpolation by small integer factors (2,3,4,..)
>followed by linear or cubic interpolation. This should even allow time
>varying SRC.

Two step FIR interpolation followed by spline/lagrange interpolation
seems to be used quite often. But anyway, I'm willing to test your
program.

Why we would not use one FIR filter designed with remez algorithm (in
Matlab)? The transition bands could start at 20000 Hz (most A/D and D/A
converters have ranges up to 19000 Hz only). Naturally, time-varying
conversion would be considered as a separate task.

The official sample rates for LAD could be 48000 Hz and 96000 Hz,
not 44100 Hz. But we need that resampler because CD is reality
even today (but it should be considered as an end product only).
Anyway, professionals use already 48000 Hz as an official (recommended
by Audio Engineering Society) sample rate.

Best Regards,

Juhana