Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie: searching a good library for audio + midi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie: searching a good library for audio + midi
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 21:14:54 EET

Thomas,

You might take a look at realtime CMix from Dave Topper and others. It
can be downloaded from ftp://din.music.virginia.edu/pub/rtcmix/ and there
is some documentation at http://www.music.columbia.edu/cmix/. Also, the
Synth Tool Kit from Perry Cook is great if you are interested in writing
some C++ code - it is available from
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/CCRMA/Software/STK/. Finally, I hate to
suggest a non-linux solution, but SuperCollider is simply amazing for this
type of thing and has a very nice object-oriented language that is
specifically designed for making music. It is available at
http://www.audiosynth.com/. Hope this helps.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |