Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio
From: Joshua Haberman (joshua_AT_haberman.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 21:29:56 EEST

* Previously Jay Ts (jay_AT_metran.cx) wrote:
> An interesting comment, considering that just earlier I was thinking
> it would be nice to have a decent audio file editor for Linux, similar
> to Wavelab or Sound Forge.

I hope you will try Audacity (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~music/audacity/). I
am one of the developers for that project.

It is cross-platform to Linux/FreeBSD/Windows/MacOS (9 and X), using the
toolkit wxWindows (http://www.wxwindows.org). It includes the following
features:

o unlimited tracks
o unlimited undo (undo and redo are very fast)
o envelope editing
o import wav, aiff, au, ircam, mp3, ogg vorbis; export all but ogg vorbis
o several plugins (hopefully with more on the way)
o spectrogram viewer

I meant to delay announcing it until our next release which is imminent,
so please use the sources from CVS
(CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous_AT_cvs.audacity.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/audacity,
module=audacity). It should compile out-of-the-box if you have wxWindows
installed.

We would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Joshua

--
Joshua Haberman  <joshua_AT_haberman.com>