Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 13:20:23 EEST

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 05:50:00PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> its debatable whether the Windows/MacOS-world solution (the host
> provides the MIDI info) is better than the easier-to-accomplish one
> (the plugin connects to the various MIDI data sources, and gets the
> MIDI data itself). if the MIDI data source is the ALSA sequencer, this
> can work well, for example, since the sequencer can multiplex data.

But the MIDI data may be "virtual", ie. just representing the tempo map of
the app, in which case the plugin can't get at it.

If there was a way to get this then it would be an OK solution yes. Anyone
want to bring up the subject of LADSPA GUIs again ;)

I assume the alsa sequncer allows multiple opens?

- Steve