Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 16:21:14 EEST

I run my Korg Triton with Cubase. What I like to do is create all my midi
tracks first, with no extra effects on them. This way I can work with the
song and arrange the parts (I can get 16 channels out of the Korg). Once
I am done and satisfied (for now) I save a copy as a backup, then each
track I use either a 2101, a Pod Pro or the built in effects of the Korg
(Which are INCREDIBLE to say the least) and I record the track through my
Delta 1010. Then I mute the original midi track and move it into a folder
in case I need to make later changes too it and resample it.

This is what I hope to use ardour and another midi program for in the
future. One of the things I like about Cubase is that midi editor is like
the audio editor of samplitude. You can create little segments
(parts) and copy and move around with REAL EASE, unlike CakeWalk (before
Sonar).

I guess I am wondering what methods/practices do others use when creating
music that has audio and midi requirements. It would probably be good to
see what people 'like' in a tool, what they 'dislike'.

Rick

[SNIPED REST OF POST]
> Concerning the integration of midi and audio, it appeared to me very important
> until recently. I have some midi equipments but one can do so much with audio
> editing with just some samples and a bunch of plugins that i find now very
> limited to compose a track with just my midi synths. But sure, it is best to
> have the both world.
> Linium

| T a l i t y | +------+ |
| Richard Burnett | +-+ | |