Re: [linux-audio-dev] Please VOTE ! LAD website based on PHPNuke

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Please VOTE ! LAD website based on PHPNuke
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 21:28:53 EEST

>From: Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>
>
>http://www.abctella.com/linuxaudiodev/
>http://www.abctella.com/linuxaudiodev/pollBooth.php?pollID=2

They are really confusing-looking pages. Are all stuff related to
LAD? Even the first article? Why it is visible there? Do I need to
register in order to discuss? Why not discuss in LAU instead then?
Do I need to register in order to read LAD on php-nuke?

Why do you have three choises? Now the votes for more pleasant looking
webpage divides to two last choises.

I would vote only after I see the new LAD webpage. Where at php-nuke
page you plan to hide the LAD stuff? Are there any room for the LAD stuff
after all? The screen is already full of the menu boxes!

I maybe forget the purpose of the new pages: what was wrong in old pages?
What php-nuke takes away? The pleasant look.
What php-nuke gives? ?? If we just want a new mailing list for
those who don't bother subscribing to LAU and LAD, it doesn't matter
where the page is located but it should not force LAD pages to move there
as well.

I think the good look of the pages is important, php-nuke style pages
could scare people away: advertisements, registerings, subscribings etc.
all non-relevant to LAD.

Regards,

Juhana