Re: [linux-audio-dev] PortAudio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] PortAudio
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 20:00:57 EEST

>But I could imagine two ways in which PortAudio and LAAGA could complement
>each other. LAAGA could call PortAudio for access to actual audio HW.

As mentioned previously, the LAAGA prototype I've been working on
doesn't contain any statically linked code to do audio I/O at
all. Thats implemented via a dynamically linked module (which may or
not function as the primary "driver" of the engine). This module
currently needs to be able to offer the potential for controlling some
very h/w-level features (e.g. sample clock source). Its not clear if
this feature will remain present, but if it does, then PA would need
to be extended if it was to be useful when used on pro-level cards.

there is some question as to where this functionality should reside,
so if it were moved, then PA could function as yet another backend for
a LAAGA engine.

--p