Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 13:17:43 EEST

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 07:36:18AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >Storing multiple frames for knobs etc. is best done as a strip or grid
>
> well, yes and no. in X, when you use draw a pixmap on the screen
> (where a pixmap is just a "pixel map"), you specify both the

True, but using a strip would also reduce the load time wouldn't it?

> >(Multibit) alpha is important
>
> debatable. it certainly makes it look nicer, but i don't know if the
> difference is that important. i think that chrome is nice, but
> polished chrome may be unnecessary :)

Yes, I think he only meant from an appearance point of view. However, if
reason can tech us anything its that appearance is important.

> >Using a 3d rendered model to get the basic shape is good, then touch up with
> >photoshop.
>
> in linux-speak: start with POVray, then use the GIMP. this is
> definitely a nice idea. the GIMP has a really cool animation plugin
> that makes generation, say, 32 rotated knob images totally a breeze.

Yes to gimp, its great, but I think blender is more appropriate than
povray. Doesn't povray have a wacky licence?

- Steve