Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 09:00:17 EEST

This may just be me but I cannot believe that doing real-time
rendering would be faster than a bitmap lookup? Am I just missing
something? The other problem is that the rendered images that you are
doing on the fly will not be able to have the same 'quality' in
certain instances. I am just imagining that here we have some midi
control changing parameters while we are playing a stream or
something. Lets say maybe three of four different knobs and sliders
are changing. To me that seems like a TON of extra overhead for
rendering each of those frames.

FWIW,
Rick