Re: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag 2001

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag 2001
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 22:01:46 EEST

*** Note to Mailing list admin ***
I have not been receiving linux-audio-dev email for quite sometime. I
did receive the email with the subject "[ADMIN] testing new mailing list
host..." suggesting that the new list isn't broken in regards to my
subscription. Looking at the linux-audio-dev archive, I'm almost glad I
haven't received all of it :) Nice to see discussions running wild.

Frank Neumann wrote:

>Honestly, Josh: When I started planning for a LAD booth at LT2001, my
>list of applications to show off there included Smurf from the very
>beginning :-). It's really a great piece of software, kind of a
>must-have for anyone with a soundfont-capable soundcard under Linux (and
>maybe for some others, too).

Glad to hear it :) Hopefully someday soft sound font synths will be
supported directly, either via ALSA or some custom scheme so anyone with
an ALSA supported sound card could use it.

>Well, sure! It's always best if the author of a program can demo it
>himself because he is (should be :) the knows who knows best how to
>handle it.

To be honest, I'm usually programming on the Smurf project. When I do
get around to actually creating sound fonts, I'm just experimenting with
various sounds and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if
someone had more skills at creating sound fonts with Smurf than me :)

>sequencer, my current personal choice is MusE (http://muse.seh.de).

Mine as well.

>> software (via ALSA). Who can I contact concerning the details of LAD
>> presence at the LinuxTag? Thanks..
>
>If you haven't guessed by now, bug me with questions. I hope I'll soon
>have a list of updated information that I'll send to this list.

Okay. I'll let you know of any specific questions I have.

>Looking forward to getting to know you (and the others),
>Frank

Yes, I am also really looking forward to meeting other Linux audio folks
in person :) Lates..
        Josh Green