Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-user] gsmp release 0.0.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-user] gsmp release 0.0.1
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 17:01:20 EEST

> IMO, the issue of multitrack
> recording seems better left to dedicated multitrack recorders (Ardour,
> ecasound).

I agree completely -- I haven't had time yet to try out ecasound,
but Fernando showed me Ardour and it is beautiful. I'm very tempted
to remove the "Record" option from Snd! As a bit of boring history,
that dialog dates back to the SGI days, and was ported to Linux
at a time when Soundblaster cards were about as good as you could
get; I was trying at the time to fill an obvious need.