Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 13:17:02 EEST

>>succinctly, multitrack recording and waveform/sample editing should
>>not be considered separate tasks,
>
>i don't have your experience, but i don't agree with you here. the
>reason is subtle, but i find it compelling.

What would happen if one would edit a clip in multitrack editor?
Would all instants of the clip change? Or just that one instant
as in an audiowave editor?

It all could be more clear if the different intuitive working
styles of the editors are not mixed. But it would be a good idea to
be able to get instant update of the edits of the audiowave
editor to the multitrack editor in the EDL form. A "clone" operation
in audiowave would instantly make a new clip to multitrack editor.
Things like that which makes living much easier could be added.
Yet we need a standard communication method between editors
to make all that possible.

Best regards,

Juhana