Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 21:16:57 EEST

>From: Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>>editor to the multitrack editor in the EDL form. A "clone" operation
>>in audiowave would instantly make a new clip to multitrack editor.
>
>but whats the starting point for the edit?

The files: audio or EDL file.

Example 1: we first start editing an audiowave/file, and then include
it to multitrack editor. If we now make a change to the audiowave,
it is faster to use EDL file in multitrack editor.

Example 2: we first have an audio clip in multitrack editor, and
then want to change only that instant of the clip. The clip is
copied with a new (file?)name, and that is used in audiowave editor.

>i think its called a file :)

OK, some "file has been updated" messages could be sent.

Regards,

Juhana