Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 15:04:03 EET

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:42, n++k wrote:
> [n++k <knos_AT_free.fr>]
> | merci.
> |
> | sir you have no clue.

That is quite likely as I have only recently discovered the power
of using python and OpenGL (blows me away) and I'm hoping like crazy
to find something similar for sound ? If anyone has suggestions for
the clueless then by all means clue me in (offlist).

> hmm ok my quoting wasn't appropriate, the 'no clue' comment refers to:
> | | Not at all. You would be aware of OpenGL. It is far more sophisticated
> | | than Audour may ever be... it exists to facilitate both presentation
>
> OpenGL, far from being sophisticated.

Perhaps I should have said "complex". GL, GLU, GLUT and GLE have
321 externally callable functions between them. I hope Ardour, or
anything, will have as many callable sonic routines one of these days.

Apologies to all for being off-topic too, I thought this thread was
on LAU instead of LAD.

--markc