RE: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd: Creative's IP concerns

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd: Creative's IP concerns
From: M. Edward Borasky (znmeb_AT_aracnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 18:02:42 EET

> I'd still like to know if there are any other companies out there giving
> out specs for their dsp chips.. can anyone canonically tell me yay or
> nay?

Certainly for conventional DSP chips, like the TI, Motorola and Analog
Devices families, there are reams upon reams of user-level documentation, C
compilers, etc. If that's all you need ... if this is just a hobby, you
should be in good shape. *However*, if you're trying to do *professional*
engineering, you're gonna have to respect someone's intellectual property or
face rather nasty consequences. I hate to be blunt, but that's the way
business works, at least here in the USA. Ultimately, it's about money.

--
M. Edward Borasky

znmeb_AT_borasky-research.net http://www.borasky-research.com/HarryIannis.htm