Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 18:22:03 EET

hello ( i am the 'a friend' as mentioned in the original post)

thanks for the reply, ...however our original query was based around the
desire to have a fully functioning midi tracker for linux, with sampling
ability not even really being a necessity......(cheese tracker doesnt
even support midi out at this stage..). I just find it a bit strange
that no tracker for linux has midi in support (as for me this is very
very useful when composing melodies etc when using a tracker..).

So has anyone attempted any midi input code that would be suitable for
use with a tracker? Any reason why not? Or has anyone any plans to? or
any other thoughts on the subject??

cheers, jordan..