Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs
From: David Gerard Matthews (spektralman_AT_linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 17:07:27 EET

> On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:23:04 +0100
> Oliver Sampson <olsam_AT_quickaudio.com> wrote:
>
> > [olsam_AT_friday jack]$ autoconf
>
> Why are you runing autoconf?
Older versions of ardour might have required users to run autoconf,
IIRC. (Did you get the ardour tarball? It's way out of date - get the
CVS for both JACK and ardour.) Once you're in the JACK directory, run
./autogen.sh
(although I think the script does call autoconf).
    Also, you might need to upgrade your version of automake. (I'm
using 1-5.8). RPM should be fine for that. BTW, you should probably
ask further questions about these programs on their respective lists.
In particular, if you're trying out Ardour, you should definitely be on
the ardour list. Paul, Taybin, and the rest are pretty helpful guys and
they want your feedback.
HTH,
dgm

> Did you read the installation instructions in the INSTALL file?
>
> Only package manitainers need to run autoconf etc. You should be running
> the configure script. Now go and read that INSTALL file.
>
> Erik
> --
> Erik de Castro Lopo nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
> "Minimum-phase filters distort the phase response and therefor the shapes
> of edges, but they are prompt. Linear-phase filters retain pulse shapes,
> but make you wait to see them." -- Jerry Avins in comp.dsp

David Gerard Matthews
Composer and Sound Designer
Non coerceri maximo, continere minimo, divinum est.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, 100% better, and 100% yours!