Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP
From: Nick D (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 15:01:57 EEST

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:53:29 +0300
Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi> wrote:

> >From: Nick D <nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk>
> >
> >Debian is, once you get used to it, probably the best OS in the world!
> [ ... ]
> >Yeah, the only problem is the 'stable' release is always way too old.
>
> I have had major problems with Debian:

That's unlucky. sounds like some hardware that's too new for potato..

> Well, I just want a working system. I don't have time to "get used to
> it" -- the system must work from the very beginning. This was a year
> and half ago when I had an unique opportunity to download Linux CD
> images -- I choosed wrong. I have an another opportunity within a couple
> of months: I will get both SuSE and RedHat just in case either of them
> fails.

Yeah, if you want "linux on CD", then the others are more practical IMO.
Debian really shines when you have a decent 'net connection. Ive recently been lucky enough to get an ADSL line, and its really made all the difference - i cant go back now.. For day-to-day upgrading of packages (i like to keep cutting edge ;), nothing can touch debian

nick