Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midi/OSC help - Continuous controllers

From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 12:29:16 EEST

Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> Midi will be the fastest and smartest.
> Osc may be in principle be smarter, but considering the hardware at
> hand, won't buy you anything.

Thanks, you answered my main question.

Is there any piece of code I could reuse out there, for such continuous midi
controllers support ? Any clean code, whatever app it comes from, would be helpful.

Btw, I thought gtk widgets extending SpinButtons or Sliders would be a great
idea. One would simply drop the widgets in, and these would be adjustable with a
midi continous controller, just like they are with a mouse or keyboard...

--
   og