Re: [LAD] LV2 "isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 19:35:56 EET

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Darren Landrum:
> As for me, my interest is in DSP and coding plug-ins. I got started
> playing around in Reaper's Jesusonic. Now I want to grow my skills in a
> useful direction. Is that going to be LV2, or VST3? I wish I knew.

That choice is pretty easy: Do you want your plugins to be free or not? If
yes, than VST* is not an option for you because the sdk is not free meaning
that the sdk and therefor your plugins can't be distributed by distributions.

And ardour has evolved _a lot_ in the last two years. The gui didn't change
that much, but that is a good sign, because it means that you don't have to
relearn everything from scratch when a new version is coming. And my ardour
here is 64 bit like the rest of the linux system, whereas the shipped windows
is 32bit-only together with the almost unused [cubase|gigasampler]-versions
that came with my various devices...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/