Re: [LAD] Summercode 2008: LASH as a D-Bus service

From: Bob Ham <rah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 19:30:20 EET

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 18:56 +0200, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2008 15:39:20 Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

> Capturing the clients' debug messages would indeed be helpful. How do you
> think it should be handled?

> Idiot-proof capturing of stdout/err could probably only work if the client
> process was executed from a wrapper. It could be accomplished with the D-Bus
> service file, though. If all clients' service files would be mandated to
> include something like "Exec=/usr/bin/lash_exec /usr/bin/foobar", then...
> Umm, at least we could redirect the streams _somewhere_ -- but what to do
> from thereon, I'm not sure.

Applications are already launched from a wrapper within lashd (what it
terms the "loader".) It calls fork() and exec(). The only thing that
needs to be done is to change stdout and stderr to point to a log file
after calling fork() and before calling exec(). The appropriate place
for the file would be the application's directory under the project
directory.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah@email-addr-hidden>