Re: [LAD] What do you do for a living?

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 11 2010 - 19:42:08 EET

Le Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:17:24 -0800,
Kris C <cpczk@yahoo.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,

> Yeah, I'd like to
> work for Google, but who doesn't right? :)
>
> -Kris

I am a 50 years old guy. When I was young, my mother was working as a
secretary in a middle size family company, my father was dead in a car
crash. And I was studying in a good private school here in Switzerland.
But capitalism is capitalism, and today, only the ones working at the
direction of a medium or big company can afford to pay for a good
private school for their children.

So, I don't regret my life, just enough work in order to pay the bills
AND to have fun the rest of the time.

Of all countries where I was during my trips, only one is different,
its Cuba. This is the only country I know where it is not much
differences between the richest and the poorest. And, year
after year, according to Amnesty International, Cuba is the country in
the whole America, from the Canada to Argentina, to do respect the most
the human rights. It is also the country of the whole world where it is
the most musicians per inhabitants, and they do makes outstanding
musics. (For the record, Plato wanted to get rid of all the poets from
his republic.)

And no, I am not a software engineer, I am administrator of a few FOS
projects, one of them is audio related. For living, I was engineer in
electronic and electricity, especially all the analog electronic from
vacuum tubes amplifiers to DSP.
Now, I repair Caterpillar like machines. It doesn't take the head, I
move a lot more, and I am in much better form.

Ciao,
Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."