[LAD] What do you do for a living?

From: Kris C <cpczk@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 05:17:24 EET

Hi all,

I understand that a lot of you develop for free software and are
passionate at what you do. But how do you pay the bills? What do you
do for a living? Are you a student? Do you do software development
just as a hobby, or do you want to make a living doing this kind of work?

The reason I ask this is because I am curious about what kind of
backgrounds a free software developer has. As for me, I am a student
majoring in Music and minoring in Computer Science. I got the idea of
writing this email, actually, because Google had an internship panel at
my school. Google just loooooves open source and those involved. It
sounds like Google has quite a friendly and cooperative working
atmosphere, and they treat their employees very well. Yeah, I'd like to
work for Google, but who doesn't right? :)

-Kris