Re: [LAD] forking (was Re: Aeolus)

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 21 2013 - 00:28:39 EEST

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 01:50:41PM -0700, J. Liles wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hiddenwrote:
>
> > 'Convenient' is the key word here. Some people only think
> > of what's 'convenient' to them, everything else is too much
> > for their simple minds.
> >

> Fons, you have to admit that with comments like that, you're making it
> rather hard for those of us trying to be on your side in this matter.

You don't have to be 'on my side'.

> Help me understand how this is an evolved, logical response,

One of the designed-in qualities of Aeolus is that it respects,
as much as is possible within the context of a software emulation,
the traditions of organ building. Which are very conservative,
anti-technology and whatever you want, like it or not.

Any changes that violate that principle, no matter how convenient
to the average user, destroy that quality and consequently harm my
interests as an author. Maybe you find that difficult to understand,
but that's how it is. Maybe the free software community fails to
understand that, in which case I feel completely justified not to
contribute to it.

Ciao,

--
FA