[LAD] Releasing source code is not enough, I think...

From: Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 - 07:55:04 EET

Hi there everyone, specially developers.

I think we should stop assuming releasing source code is enough.
[GNU/] Linux is getting more user friendly, and most users are not able
to compile software,
plus some distributions make it specially hard (debian, ubuntu, fedora,
opensuse) by having the libs installed but not the headers.

Releasing software on windows or mac, even open-source, *always* comes
in a binary,
and most users come from there.

Now, I have a "toolchain" repository for ubuntu 10.04 with gcc4.8,
python3+qt4 and a bunch of other useful stuff.
I use this to get generic linux binaries that (from what I know) work
everywhere.
I can make a developer-oriented tutorial on how to use that, so that
developers can provide linux binaries to its users.

Would that be something useful to Linux Audio?