Re: [linux-audio-user] SBLive mailing list?

From: Linium (intent_AT_club-internet.fr)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 20:14:44 EEST

Le Sun, 23 Sep 2001, vous avez écrit :
> I may be mistaken on this, but I believe the SBlive has a separate dsp
> chip for it's "environmental audio" and the out put from the wavetable can
> be routed through it. The DSP chip itself is supposed to be programmable,
> so it should bepossible to implment extarnal midi control for those
> effects while simultaneously using the wavetable rom sounds.

In the alsa-tools package (alsa 0.9.7) there is something to load effects in the
DSP chips. There are some simple exemple like flanger, echoes (not a true
reverb). I have not tryed myself if this works or not.

Concerning what asked Josg Green , the modulators are implemented in the
soundfont player of the emu10k1.
You can control by midi the cutoff of the resonnant filter.
But I don't know how complete the midi support is, can we change the Env1
Attack time from a midi controller for instance...

Linium