Re: [linux-audio-user] SBLive mailing list?

From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 01:23:03 EEST

On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 10:14, Linium wrote:
> Le Sun, 23 Sep 2001, vous avez écrit :
> > I may be mistaken on this, but I believe the SBlive has a separate dsp
> > chip for it's "environmental audio" and the out put from the wavetable can
> > be routed through it. The DSP chip itself is supposed to be programmable,
> > so it should bepossible to implment extarnal midi control for those
> > effects while simultaneously using the wavetable rom sounds.
>

> In the alsa-tools package (alsa 0.9.7) there is something to load effects in the
> DSP chips. There are some simple exemple like flanger, echoes (not a true
> reverb). I have not tryed myself if this works or not.
>
> Concerning what asked Josg Green , the modulators are implemented in the
> soundfont player of the emu10k1.
> You can control by midi the cutoff of the resonnant filter.
> But I don't know how complete the midi support is, can we change the Env1
> Attack time from a midi controller for instance...
>
> Linium

Are you saying that MIDI control of SoundFont effects is done within the
sound card itself (DSP code)? I should really get one of these cards to
do more testing with. I'm still using an AWE 32 which I'm sure
Modulators would have to be implimented in the driver for.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)